Monday, February 25, 2008

Scuba Diving, new camera

It will take a few weeks to process all my photos from the Bonaire trip.
This vacation, I took underwater photos too, using our new Canon PowerShot G9.
I wanted this camera because it shoots "raw" files, which contain more detail than jpg.
It does come with it's problems though, since it is a fairly new camera, all the other software is not up to the latest versions to process this Canon 'raw' files.
I can still use Photoshop but that's because I have the newest version of CS3.
Anyone who has an older version, or Windows Vista, will have to use the Canon Raw edit which came with the camera, and is not as good, in my opinion.
Feel free to email me for clarification or questions!
~~~
I love scuba diving, but when you take underwater photos, the diving has a different 'focus.'
I have to see things differently and dive differently: more concentrated on the details.
I take photos while diving, but I don't dive to take photos, if you know what I mean.
My underwater photos will never make the magazines or be praised for their quality.
But that's okay. I love to dive and love to take photos, and now I can combine the two.
It does help with fish identification and I can also take short videos.
Check out my You Tube site for the short video of a swimming octopus!
~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: