Friday, May 30, 2008

Waiting for Beach Weather


new year lighthouse, originally uploaded by Alida's Photos.

Okay, it is now the end of May. Where is the warm weather?

I have to admit, I love the weather we've been having. 
Perfect temperatures for me.
 I would prefer less wind, so we could enjoy boating. We haven't taken the boat out in awhile. This has been good actually. Why?
 Lots of yard work and home maintenance getting done. (Somebody has to do it!)
There will be plenty of time for boating once the weather warms up and the winds die down.
I actually enjoy getting the house ready for summer.
Planting annuals, trimming shrubs, washing lawn furniture and windows. Sounds crazy?
It instills a sense of purpose, organization, and pride in my home. It feels good to take care of personal property.
 The preparation for summer gives promise of good times ahead and there's a sense of accomplishment.
Do you feel that way?
I think that feeling is missing in people who are frequently depressed.
After I've been working in the yard all day, or cleaning, I can step back and look at my work and feel good....physically and emotionally. 
Maybe it was the way I was raised. 
We were always helping our parents with household chores and cleaning.
I good day's work to improve something in your environment, just feels good.
~~~~~~~

No comments: