Friday, November 14, 2008

Fire Island Autumn


Fire Island Autumn, originally uploaded by Alida's Photos.
~~~

Flying over Fire Island, this is east of Watch Hill, part of the National Seashore.

I had to get away from the New Mexico photos. After all, this blog has "Long Island" as part of its title and many of you want to hear about Long Island.

It is also about a Long Island Woman, my life here and the things I see and photograph, so you will see photos of the places I've been.

Being retired, I am able to travel and see other parts of the world. Unfortunately, many Long Islanders are struggling to pay their bills and are not fortunate enough to retire or travel. I know I'm lucky, but it didn't come easy. I worked hard for many years to get where I am. Luck is important but as I have said before, making the right choices in life is even more important. I studied hard in school (commuting to less expensive State Schools); I stayed away from drugs and I surrounded myself with good, positive people. Hard work does pay off in the long run.

And so, here is another photo of Fire Island, a place I love to visit. It is a real national treasure that many Long Islanders visit throughout the year. It is also a place where European visitors traveling to New York City, take the train or a tour to see our fabulous beaches.

I love to travel but I love Long Island!

Yes, I made the right decision to live on Long Island!

~~~

No comments: