Saturday, February 21, 2009

mardi gras mask


mardi gras mask, originally uploaded by Alida's Photos.
~~~

Getting ready for the day, Mardi Gras, (or Fat Tuesday) this February 24th.
Traditionally it is the last day to feast before Lent in the Catholic religion.
What excesses would you be willing to give up?
I don't know how many people still follow this practice. I imagine worldwide, it is still very much part of people's lives and culture.
For one thing, the Fat Tuesday part is very popular. One big party, carnivals, parades, costumes, and lots of food and alcohol, are part of the celebration.
Do those same people cut back for the 6 weeks until Easter?
Me? I'm always holding back on what I eat or drink. I have to!
If I didn't, I would weigh 300 lbs.
Maybe, I'll give up chocolate this time. Ummmm, maybe not.
~~~

No comments: