Saturday, May 09, 2009

Birds at the Bird Feeder

~~~
Here are just two of the birds that came to my bird feeders yesterday.
I bought a new lens, 80-400mm, which will bring the birds closer for more detail.
Well, you know what I mean. 
It doesn't bring them physically closer, just makes them LOOK closer. 
I also bought a "blind" so I can hide from the birds and I can get closer to them.
A blind is like a little tent, just made for photographers (or hunters?).
 The outside of this "tent" is camouflage fabric to blend in with the trees and grasses. These two birds were my first shots.
Now for the next step.....
I will have to construct a more pleasing perch or some branches nearby the feeders, so the birds will be in a more natural habitat for the shot.
Whew! I didn't realize how difficult it is to photograph birds.
It brings a new appreciation to the wonderful bird photos you see in magazines and on the internet.
The real skill comes when birds are photographed in a more wild, natural environment, but let me take this one step at a time.
For me, right now, the bird feeders will be my photography "studio!"
~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

Rachel Cotterill said...

Great photos, and I hope you enjoy your new lens - I only have a 200 zoom and it can still see much further than I can with my eyes! :)

dianasfaria.com said...

these two are amazing! great pictures Alida.