Saturday, March 29, 2014

Ospreys return to Long Island

Osprey Resting

It's that time of year again. The osprey are returning to their spring/summer homes.
True "snow birds" they take the best of both climates. This has become my life now. Like the birds, I leave the northeast for a warmer climate. After this winter's cold weather and snow and ice, I'm sure you will understand. Why not get away if you can? As a retired person, there is no reason to stay. 
I know some people do enjoy the cold and snow. I understand that too. 

I never thought I would be the person to leave New York for Florida in winter. After making the journey a few winters now, I can honestly say, that I love it! The temperatures are in the 60s and 70s, sometimes higher, and the sun shines most days. I'm ready to return to Long Island. I miss it, but it's just in time to see the osprey nests and daffodils!

No comments: