Saturday, August 27, 2005

Juvenile Black-backed Gull and birding


Juvenile Gull
To see where this is flying: Fire Island Natioinal Seashore map
I posted some photos of birds on my Flickr site. I've become really involved in posting photos there...and so have neglectd this site. Sorry!
What I really like about Flickr is that there is a great deal of interaction with other people who have the same interests.
I posted some bird photos and realized that there are so many people interested in photographing birds. I know bird-watching is a bird sport.
There is one group on Flickr that identifies birds and catalogs them. What this has done for me, is now I want to know the names of all the birds I see.
To me, birds at the beach where either seagulls or terns or sandpipers.
Well, there is a lot more to it.
I now know the difference between the Herring Gull, Black-backed Gull and Ring-billed Gull.
To most people they all look the same.
I want to learn so much more.
I also want to be a better photographer. Some of these birders (people who bird-watch) take outstanding photos...jaw-dropping wow stuff!
Dioscoping is taking photos with a scope, like a telescope, with camera attached. The pictures come out so clear and the birds look like they are inches away instead of yards.
I've posted some birds here but you can see more at:
After you see mine, check out the other bird photos.
Hope you enjoy the photos!

1 comment:

KayseaLove said...

Is it just me, or does that beach look absolutely to die for?