Saturday, December 17, 2005

Carolina: 1910-2005


My Aunt Clara...
I took this photo a few years ago with my first digital camera, at my home.
She died this week at age 95. Beautiful woman...and independent.
One of the last siblings of my father's to leave this earth.
We didn't see much of her in the last 20 years. My father died in the early 1990s.
Aunt Carolina, Aunt Clara to us, was independent until the end. She lived alone and did not want to be a burden to her children. She worked most of her adult life which was not common for her generation.
The visit you see here was wonderful for me. I picked her up in Queens, along with my mother, and they spent a few days with me. Aunt Clara brought old photos and lots of family information.
It was a wonderul experience, one I'm happy to have put together.
If you are interested in your family history....don't wait.
Go to your older relatives and get the information you need. Let them talk. Once they are gone, the story will never be told!
Here's to Aunt Clara........may you rest in peace.

No comments: