Thursday, December 29, 2005

Fab Faux as a Christmas Present

My sons gave us a Christmas present of two tickets to see the Fab Faux in Manhattan. Actually the idea was for the family to all go together. It was a great idea!
My sons were being very thoughtful. The family all met in the city and we treated them to dinner...not an inexpensive extra.
...........................................
The Fab Faux is a group that musically imitates the Beatles. This night they were performing the songs from the White Album. Great idea!
What I learned about myself:
  • I love a live performance and....
  • I'm getting too old to wait on line for over an hour for "will call" tickets, especially in the cold.
  • I'm getting too old to see a show that starts at 9:30 pm.
  • I still love rock n' roll music.
  • I no longer want to stand all night in a large room with a sticky floor to watch a band (they were very good, by the way).
  • I love the driving beat and sound of electric guitar.
  • I don't like crowds.
  • I look for fire exits in large crowded buildings.
  • I hate dirty bathrooms with wet floors, red lights and un-identifyable items in the toilets.
  • I don't want to stand near the stage speakers.
  • I'm getting too old for things I did when I was in my twenties.

.................................................

I know my kids thought this was a great gift. We did enjoy the music, clapped our hands, sang along, laughed, and remembered why we loved the Beatles.

I got to bed by 2:30 am, after the drive back from the city.

I'm exhausted.
Merry Christmas and thank you boys! I did love it, I did!

1 comment:

KayseaLove said...

Awesome Alida!! Great gift. Love the picture. You are so blessed.