Thursday, June 12, 2008

Gate B for Baseball


Gate B, originally uploaded by Alida's Photos.

I went to the Mets Game today, at Shea Stadium.
The Mets lost.  :-(
~~~~
Did you know that this is the last season for Shea? 
The stadium will be torn down and a new stadium, Citi Park, is already under construction.
The last time I was at Shea, was in 1965 when I saw the Beatles.
Okay, I'm showing my age. I can't help it.
It seems like yesterday. I don't feel any older, but a great deal has happened in those years in-between.
Today was a wonderful reminder of all the good things.
I had a large Nathan's hot dog, with sauerkraut and mustard.
The sun was hot, but the crowd was enthusiastic anyway. I'm glad I got to see the stadium and take photos before it is gone.

Then my husband and I walked over to Flushing Meadow Park.
The unisphere is still there, the site of the 1964-65 World's Fair.
Lots of memories, some good, some not, but it's okay.
Sometimes you have to look back and remember, so you can move forward.
~~~~~~

No comments: