Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Fly-fishing on Long Island


We went fly fishing in the early morning, before sunrise.
This is the Connetquot River State Park.
It is so quiet deep inside the park, the only sounds are the fish splashing and the birds chirping and moving about....maybe a chipmunk or squirrel.
It was a good day for fishing. The weather was a perfect temperature for being in the water.
I used a "beetle" as my "fly" since it was recommended by some of the more experienced fisherman we met that morning.
It worked! I caught so many fish, I stopped counting. Of course, I released all but two.
The best part for me was being outdoors and connecting with nature.
Did I say it was very quiet on the river? I did, I know, but it needs to be repeated.
It was serene and peaceful and quiet and I was very happy.
Oh, one more thing....I kept my camera on the banks of the river and kept running back for it as the light changed throughout the morning.
I enjoy fishing, but I also enjoy taking photos.

1 comment:

ShutterFreak said...

That is a fabulous image! The lighting is just beautiful!

DigitalGurl