Thursday, September 28, 2006

Whites Bait Shop, Greenport, Long Island, NY


Whites Bait Shop, Greenport, Long Island, NY....My husband and I went into this shop and had a very unpleasant experience....
As we entered the bait store, no one was behind the counter.
We stood there for what seemed like a long time.
There was a man, no young teenager, sitting inside the shop, near the door, talking on his cell phone. He did not look at us or speak to us. As we were waiting for the shop owner to come out, I decided to take some photos of the fishing gear hanging from the ceiling.
With the snap of my camera this man jumped up and in an angry, nasty manner said, “Stop that! Usually people ask me before taking photos in here!”
I was surprised that he was working there.
I said to him, “Oh, you are the owner? Well I wouldn’t have known because you sat there and didn’t acknowledge us, didn’t greet us, didn’t even look at us. I usually would ask if I thought you were the owner!”
We then asked for some bait, paid for it, all while he was still on the cell phone.
He got our order and took our money all with one hand!
With that, we walked out.
I was angry with myself for making the purchase.
We should have walked out without buying anything because he certainly didn’t deserve our business!

No comments: