Friday, May 11, 2007

Montauk Point and the Fog

It has been quiet foggy on Long Island these past few days. My husband and I went to Montauk Point for some relaxation...yea, right, like I need to relax!
...anyway, we really went to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary.
Ten years, and they went by so quickly.
Well, getting back to the fog...
I wanted to take photos of the lighthouse. Not just any photographs but, great photographs.
...the fantastic shots that can be "calendar" photos.
My plan was to wake up at sunrise to see the light as it changed from red to yellow.
Well, that didn't happen!
We woke up to a thick, dense fog; went to the lighthouse and could not see the top of it or the Atlantic Ocean beyond.
I did manage to get a few shots on the second day, but no sunrise or sunset shots.
I guess I'll just have to go back another time. :-) Poor me!
I want that calendar shot.
~~~
We did have a nice dinner at Dave's Grill. We haven't been there in a few years and the food was as good as I remember.
We shared the mussels; there were more than enough!
(Probably the BEST mussels I ever had!)
For entree, I had the cod fish, marinated in a miso sauce, with bok choy.
Yummy, as that famous lady says!
All in all, it was a great few days, even if there was fog.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: