Friday, May 18, 2007

Osprey at the Arboretum

Ummm...err...how do I say this and sound "like a proper lady?"
I was watching and photographing this osprey at the Bayard Cutting Arboretum, and he was having a nice little breakfast/lunch of freshly caught fish.
Well, he fluffed his wings and raised his tail and I kept snapping away.
After I got home and put the photos onto the computer, I realized what he had done!
I'm glad I wasn't too close.
If you have a chance, go over to the Bayard Cutting Arboretum. There is a nesting pair of osprey with a nest right atop the chimney of the main estate building.
They are close enough for everyone to see.
My husband and I keep returning hoping to see the babies hatch.
Everytime there, we are amazed at the size and beauty of such a large bird.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Click on the photo to see the larger version!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now there's something you don't see everyday!