Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Parade in Bayport

I went to the Bayport Fire Department yesterday to observe the annual Memorial Day Parade. It was a solemn event with a wreath placed at the War Memorial in Bayport Park on Middle Road.
There were few people to observe and some, but not many, participants in the parade itself.
The fire department, the girl and boy scouts, a politician and the historical society, were all represented, but it was a sad day to remember sad events.
I had wished there were more people. It seemed pale in comparison to other holiday parades.
Where were the crowds of people? I hope that they attended parades somewhere else and were not at home, doing yard work, or at the beach.
I'm glad I was there.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

Theresa, LI, NY said...

You take fantastic photos! What kind of camera do you use?

I like your Memorial day comments, as well. I was at Calverton. No beach/shopping or "kicking off" summer for us!

Alida Thorpe said...

Thank you Theresa.
There is no other way to respond to you so I must do that here and hope you come back to read it.

I have Nikon cameras with various lenses. Both Nikon and Canon are excellent but once you start with one camera, you really make an big investment and cannot switch.

I agree about the Memorial Day holiday. I get sad when people say "Happy Memorial Day." For those who lost a loved one in the military, there is nothing happy about it. Thanks again!
Alida