Thursday, June 30, 2011

Agrigento

Agrigento by Alida's Photos
Agrigento, a photo by Alida's Photos on Flickr.

Just looking at some old photos. This one from my trip to Sicily in 2007.

My mother's parents were from Agrigento. I never got to meet them but the people in this city are wonderful. One lady wanted to know why I was walking around with a short-sleeve shirt. It was 65 degrees F (about 20 C) and the Sicilians were wearing winter coats. I was so warm and over-heated from walking up and down those many hills and steps.

Every street twists and turns and brings you to another hill or staircase through an alley-way. I loved it!!!

It was Sunday and I could hear the pots banging in the kitchens, and ladies speaking Italian...and the smells!....wonderful tomato sauce cooking for Sunday dinner. It brought back wonderful memories from my old Brooklyn.


Agrigento, Sicily

No comments: