Friday, June 17, 2011

Happy Fathers' Day

Happy Fathers' Day by Alida's Photos
Happy Fathers' Day, a photo by Alida's Photos on Flickr.


Happy Fathers Day!
Hope you have good memories and that you enjoy the day.
The man on the right is my dad. He was born 1908 and died 1994. In this photo, he's with his mother, my brother Peter (about 7) and the baby is my brother Greg, 1946.

On the TV news just now, they asked people on the street, "What words of advice did your father give you?" Well, I had to think about that a moment. There weren't many but here are the ones I remember:

  • Don't mix your alcohol. Drink scotch, it won't make you sick.
  • Don't eat chopped meat dishes in restaurants. You never know what's in it.
  • Plant marigolds with your vegetables; it keeps the bugs away.
  • You can have fun when you're married, just don't tell your husband.
Really, he said that.
I still miss him.

Happy Fathers Day Dad!

Hope you all have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of him!

He told me when I went to college to never let go of my drink, because someone could slip something into it!!!

Dianne

Alida Thorpe said...

Hi Dianne!
Your grandpa was a real gem and will always be remembered for those little words of wisdom. Linda said he always said, "Take it easy when you go fast!"
LOL! The things we remember.......