Monday, June 13, 2005

Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy-It grows wild everywhere on Long Island.
I usually have to go on "poison ivy" patrol around my property to remove it. I wear a long sleeved shirt, and garden gloves covered with disposable latex gloves. I hunt for the ivy and carefully pull it out close to the roots, being careful it doesn't snap out and touch my face.
I deposit it carefully into the garbage pail. My shirt goes right into the washing machine and gets washed separately!
Do I sound paranoid? I know, but I have to be careful.

1 comment:

KayseaLove said...

You're not paranoid, that stuff is NASTY!! I heard that the oil it produces can make a person itch years after. Say like instead of washing your shirt, you threw it into a trunk and stored it in your attic- forgot about it- then opened the trunk years later and accidentally touched it. You will be itching like it CRAZY!!