Saturday, November 12, 2005

A Walk on the Beach


This is an area of sand dune on Fire Island. The plants help keep the dunes together and protect the beach from the ocean and erosion.
Autumn affects the plants here too.
Don't you just love the deep colors?
I shot this in RAW and worked on it in Photoshop. There is extra work to post photos this way, but I think, sometimes it's worth it.
It was a beautiful day today, Saturday, November 12, 2005.
I dressed warm because the air was cool and we were going for a boat ride. When I woke, it was only 28 degrees.
Well, I was too warm once we started walking.
The sky was clear. We had the beach to ourselves. The seagulls were relaxing in the sun.
The air smelled fresh and clean.
The water was blue, and clear and the marina was empty.
I had my camera....
Wonderful day!

No comments: