Monday, April 02, 2007

Last weekend in March, 2007

Cold and windy, the vehicles ride along the ocean. There are no paved roads on Fire Island, not even for utility workers!
~~~~~~



My nephew running along the shore. I guess no one told him it was cold and windy.

~~~~~~


A diptych, two photos as one, of my sister. She is spontaneous and always make me laugh!

It's great to have a sister.

~~~~~~

Click on the photo to see the larger version.

~~~~~~


My nephew jumping for joy....Click on the photo to see him smile.

Happy boy to be visiting his Aunt Alida on Long Island....and he got to go to the beach. How many kids from Pennsylvania can say that on a cold weekend in March?

~~~~~~

My sister who is living in Pennsylvania now, with her husband and son, came to visit us this weekend. We took them to Fire Island to see what has happened over the winter. The beach has held up very well. It was wide and in good condition, not much erosion.

In some areas, I read, there are barricades to keep people away from the plover nesting areas.

I didn't see anything where we were. It was just a fun day, at the beach.

1 comment:

sonia a. mascaro said...

Yes, it's great to have a sister.
And your nephew has a happy smile.