Monday, April 30, 2007

Springtime in the Suburbs

Today I took a walk after dinner...
It was just so nice outside. I couldn't resist!
~~~~~~
All day today, the wind was gusty and cool; but, the sun was warm and very spring-like.
My husband and I were planning on going fishing today, but the wind was just too gusty for us.
It would have made the fishing trip an uncomfortable experience.
No problem though. Spring is here. We'll go another day.
Being retired has its benefits. We can go fishing almost any day.
Of course we do have our chores to do....yard work, errands, bills to pay, phone calls to make.
The chores and responsibilities never end, even after retirement.
.....but now we have more time to get them done.
~~~~~~
Well, back to my walk. The sun was shinning perfectly on the new spring growth. My neighbor's weeping willow tree was all aglow with the setting sun. The geese were slowing walking along the pond.
The flowers were colorful, the sky a glowing red-yellow.
I do love living on Long Island, but I guess by now you know that.
~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

sonia a. mascaro said...

What a beautiful place you live in!