Friday, May 13, 2005

Alida’s Best Bites: Maureen’s Kitchen, Nesconset

This is the first of my restaurant reviews. I thought that living on Long Island and near New York City gives me the opportunity to share a wide array of dining experiences.

Today was the day to have my oil changed in my car. I knew we would be in the Nesconset area, so my thoughts immediately went to the best place to eat for lunch:
Maureen’s Kitchen.

This restaurant is only open for breakfast and lunch but it has the greatest food and best service.
It is not a diner and closes by 3:00 pm.
The décor is all cows: black and white cow designs, cow photos, lights, mugs, and anything that comes a cow motif including a
Harley Davidson
enclosed in a glass case.

The menu has special pancakes and breakfast items but the lunches are spectacular. Sandwiches are very fresh, tomatoes are ripe red, lettuce is crisp and green and there are always specials.

Today I had the lobster roll, large chunks of lobster with fresh tomatoes, delicious cole slaw, and homemade potato salad.

If you are going for lunch, go early or you will have to wait on line. This is always a sign of great food!
And, "no" I am not getting paid for this and I'm not part of their family! I just want to share my experiences.
For more info or another review: Click here!


No comments: