Friday, May 27, 2005

The bathroom project...

Last week, we decided to take down the wallpaper in the upstairs bathroom.
The humidity from the one-hour showers, ( taken by my son when he was home from college), had the wallpaper peeling in certain areas. Ugh!
So, how difficult could this be? I've done it before, years ago in my past life (..translation, first marriage). I know it takes time but it's not impossible. And I'm retired, so I have time, right?
It is now one week later and we still have more spackling and sanding to do.
It took 3 days just to get the paper, paste and gunk off the walls.
(Well, we don't work all day but a good part of it. We do find time to do some boating.)
Then we had to spackle the holes and gouges we made from the scraping.
Well, spackling is a skill. We spackled and then respackled. It still looks horrible.
Sanding was a nightmare! The dust was everywhere!
Then clean-up and more clean-up.
We are finally ready to paint the ceiling and put the primer coat of paint on the walls.
I'll keep you posted.
We are thinking of doing a sponge-painting effect to hide the poor spackle job!

No comments: