Monday, May 16, 2005

Fly-fishing Update......I did it!

What a great lesson!
I spent the last 5 hours learning to fly-fish. Our instructor, Warren Ray, explained the equipment, flies, and the casting techniques. We practiced in the parking lot for about half-hour, casting and the false cast. Then it was off to the pond in Connetquot State Park. This pond is for learning and all fish must be released, unharmed.
The Parkwood Outfitters, 631-563-1323, lent us all the necessary equipment including chest-high waders. We each caught about 5 to 8 trout, the largest of them, 6 or 7 pounds!
I was very, very happy with the lesson. I feel that I learned a great deal. I am now on my way to begin, what is for me, a new way of fishing.
Now I have to buy the equipment and practice, practice, practice!

No comments: