Monday, September 24, 2007

fishing on the Great South Bay

We went fishing the other night, and watched the sun go down.
Beautiful!
Fishing to me is not just the activity of catching some fish.
~~~~~
In fact, we caught a King Fish and a Sea Bass, which we ate for dinner.
I then went to the farm stand and got some fresh corn and local tomatoes, a head of Boston Red Leaf lettuce....all picked fresh off the farm.
Yummy!
A real farm fresh dinner with fish from the bay! To me, a perfect dinner!
~~~~~
I really enjoy the time on the water...the feel and smell of the salt air...the connection to nature.
Birds flying overhead. Fishing jumping. The sunset.
The Great South Bay in September is practically empty of pleasure boats.
The only boats out there are sport fisherman or sailors.
No crowds or boat traffic.
Just me and nature!
I love it! And I love Long Island for those reasons!
~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: