Saturday, September 06, 2008

Rainy Day Saturday....Hanna on the way!

Tropical Storm Hanna is on the way.
Rain and wind is predicted to be more severe than usual.
So, we got ready!
My husband and I went to the store and bought supplies for a possible emergency:
  • batteries for small radio and flashlights
  • candles in glass enclosures
  • water in bottles
  • gas in the car
  • gas for our generator (Our basements pumps need electricity and so we really needed a generator. The last big storm flooded the basement.)
  • rental movies so we can see movies if we do have electricity (...and who needs an excuse to catch up on movies we have been wanting to see?)
  • food that won't have to be cooked (or can be cooked on a gas grill)

The lawn furniture is secure too!

If you have not gotten ready yet, stop reading this and go! Yes, get going!
If Hanna is not too bad, you will still be ready for Ike, Josephine, K.....
the list keeps on! 
~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

Fashion Schlub said...

You're so good! I went emergency supply shopping and got Cheez Doodles! If I'm trapped in my house, I want to have snacks!

kelsci said...

All I got was one sqall from Hanna as it was heading away from Fla. As far as Ike, I thought it was headed straight over my house as a category 4 or 5 right off the bahamas to Fla here. We were lucky.